With plenty hours of sunshine and blue skies, Lisbon Coast is known for its outdoor life, with plenty to see, taste and experience this is also an ideal city for spa weekends and spa break deals. From the Baixa district in Praça do Comércio to the monumental area of Belém with its World Heritage monuments, the medieval quarters and the latest contemporary leisure spaces, such as the Parque das Nações. There is plenty to see and do and here we present a selection of things from amongst all those you can do, which cannot be missed in the Portuguese capital:
1. Climb to the Castle of São Jorge and stroll through Alfama
2. Listen to Fado
3. Go to Terreiro do Paço
4. Go up in the Santa Justa elevator
5. Take a tram ride
6. Visit the Jerónimos Monastery and the Tower of Belém
7. Taste a “Pastel de Belém”
8. Visit the Oceanarium in the Parque das Nações
9. Visit the National Tile Museum and the Coach Museum
10. Dine in Bairro Alto.
And just outside Lisbon city, from Cascais to Estoril, there is a string of Atlantic beaches, marinas, terraces and excellent golf courses. Further along the Lisbon Coast, world-renowned surfing beaches are to be found but also the palaces and monuments of the cultural landscape of Sintra, a World Heritage Site.
Voted for Europe’s Leading Cruise Destination 2014, Europe’s Leading Cruise Port 2014, Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2013. Source: VisitPortugal